Just having a good blog is not enough to have people visiting it. You have to promote it and the best way to do this is through social media. It is cheap, easy and the exposure will be huge since everyone is using these media. We will give you tips how you can optimize social media to promote your blog!
1. Social Media Icons. Your visitors should know that you are using social media. Make it as easy as possible for them to connect with these social devices. Give the icons a prominent place on your website and have your visitors directed to your profile.
2. Your blog should have its own Facebook Page. Facebook is a good tool for new people to get to know about your blog. It’s a good way to post a link every time you published a new article. Just ‘annoy’ people that liked your Facebook page instead of annoying your friends with your blog updated all the time.
3. Use your LinkedIn profile. If your blogging for a professional goal, show it on LinkedIn by listing it on your profile as your website.
4. Be active on Pinterest! Pinterest is the new, fast growing, social medium which you shouldn’t miss being a blogger! Pinterest is all about images and photos. Pin your best photos onto your boards and link it to a blog post. Use the Pin It button on your own website so readers can share your content on their Pinterest boards.
5. Use Link shorteners. Even if you don’t have to use a link shortener for a Twitter message, use it. This will give you the opportunity to gain access to metrics and measure how many people clicked and at what time. Experiment with your content and different times to post it. What works and what doesn’t?
6. Use your blog name as your username. Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest… Use your blog name to expand. People will remember your name which will make them come back to you.
7. Join Blogger groups. Join a blogger network like WorldFashionBlogs.com. Bloggers like to read other blogs and their visitors might be interested in your blog as well. This all means more exposure!
8. Be active on social media even if it’s not driving traffic. Spending time on social media is always good. It is a great way to get to know other networks, bloggers, brand and to find inspiration. This will make you more up-to-date and your blog more interesting.